Click Here to Watch the FREE Blogging Video Tutorials

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sam's Club

My mom just moved from Florida and her TV no longer works. She called me to tell me and then I thought, I'll call Sam's to see what gives.

First, though I went on their site and tried to sign in. No go at all as it said I lost my card!



Your card has been lost. Please register with your new membership number. If you wish to purchase a new membership, click here.

Of course not as I have that card in my possession, so how could I have lost it? I had them send me my password as I thought that I had forgotten it since it would not log me in and the same message again. I even tried to update my card, but same message.

So finally, I called up and the options on the line do not allow me to talk to a person. Finally I picked an option about online purchases. A lady came on the line and said she can't help me as I did not buy the TV online. I said, but you are saying that I cannot get into my account to see when I bought the TV? She said no. I found that quite strange.

She then gave me the number for the store in Florida for me to call so that they can take care of me there. I then asked her what she does and she says that they help people with getting into their account. So I told her I had issues. She looked up my account and confirmed that I lost my card or it was reported lost. I told her again that I am looking at the card so that is not the case. She then said that I had to go to a local store for help.

If you've ever gone to a local store, you know it is a nightmare there. You can't do anything unless you have your card and they can't look up anything about your account. So I am dreading having to go there.

I told her that all I wanted to do was to find out when I bought the TV and if I had paid for the warranty. She even said that she would delete my account since I had lost my card. So I said why would she do that, she said that was how the system worked. I could tell she was getting as irritated with me as I was with her by her tone. She says that she cannot help me as I never bought that TV online. She did tell me about my TV though that I had bought online back in 2003.

She did say I should just take back the TV to the local store and they can help, but I have no receipt or anything so I don't know how that will work out. And my sister will have to do it since I am not close to where my mom is living.

I thanked her and hung up the phone very disappointed. It was just a really bad experience all around.

I then called the local store in Florida who sent me to Customer Service. I waited for about five minutes and then hung up. I called again about 30 minutes later and got the same level of service.

No comments: